Would you like to learn how to play a musical instrument? If you are in grades 5 to 8 from any elementary school, then the Gateway CHC Youth Music Group, in memory of Alberta & Gary Young, is for you!
The group practices Tuesdays and Thursday evenings from September to May in Tweed.
- A professional Music Director teaches you to read music and play a musical instrument which may include a saxophone, drums, trumpet, bass, guitar, trombone or keyboard.
- Build self-esteem, confidence, and team work skills.
- Create music as an ensemble.
- Showcase your talent at performances throughout the year.
- Have fun and make friends.
- Make the connection between success in music and increased success in school.
- A minimal registration fee is required, however financial assistance is available and no one will be turned away due to an inability to pay.