- Have pain or infection from tooth decay?
- Have difficulty eating and drinking due to tooth pain?
- Have a chronic condition that’s impacted by your oral health?
- Use the emergency department to manage your dental pain?
Oral Health is fundamental to overall health, wellbeing, and quality of life. Unfortunately, many people are unable to access regular dental care and are left with no other choice but to try to get treatment for pain and infection at a local hospital’s emergency room. The South East LHIN has provided funding to Gateway to offer dental services to those residing in Central and North Hastings (Stirling-Tweed-Marmora-Madoc and Bancroft) who meet the program criteria in an effort to reduce the number of emergency department visits and improve people’s overall health.
The program is designed to provide regular dental services to low income seniors, individuals, and families without dental insurance who are at high risk for poor health.
- Individuals and families with a net income less than $35,000
- Individuals and families on Ontario Works (OW)
- Individuals and families on Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Individuals and families on the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP)
Eligibility thresholds for the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program were increased in 2021 as follows:
- single seniors $22,200
- senior couples with a combined annual income $37,100
The dental team is comprised of two dentists, a dental hygienist, and dental assistant. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 613-478-9815 or “Toll Free” at 1-888-478-9815
Every Smile Matters!