Are you an adult 55 or older who wants to improve your physical health and control your chronic condition? Join Gateway Community Health Centre for our pole walking group.
This all season activity takes place twice a week in Tweed and Marmora. The group meets at the Tweed fairgrounds to exercise on the nearby trails and at the Marmora Tourism Centre to walk along the Brian Goodchild Memorial Trail.
- Better manage your chronic condition.
- Improve problems with high blood pressure, blood sugar, low bone density, arthritis
- Improve balance, strength, and mobility.
- Socialize with others and enjoy the natural beauty of Tweed.
- Participate in a physical workout that engages 90% of the muscles in your body.
- Burn 20-45% more calories than regular walking.
- Set goals and become a healthier person.
- Work at your own pace.
- Suitable for all fitness levels.
- Poles provided during the program.
- This program is made possible through the Healthy Communities Fund, in partnership with Eastern Ontario Trail Alliance and the Municipality of Tweed.